Monday 19 September 2011

Stafettkarnevalen

In England, I was talking with Susanna, I think, about Stafettkarnevalen. And I wanted to show her pictures but I had none, so I just remembered this now and then I was like, Oh I'll write about it, and yeah... Here it is :D

Soo, Stafettkarnevalen, for those who don't know, is a... okey this is the hard part. There's a lot of kids in an arena, running. And there's cheerleaders. In Helsinki.
Basically.

I've never been running there, but I've been in a cheerleading group 3 times (:
(same thing with Ina btw. But she got chosen to run there in third grade but she said no. I've always secretly hated her for saying no. Naahh, not really ;D)

Oh, and yeah, it's a Swedish-speaking-Finns thing, so just Swedish-speaking schools are sending their runners there.
And then there's this cheerleading competition. The best one winns. Yippie!!!

And last year our chearleadinggroup won a honourable mention for our jingle ^^ still so proud over us!!! We worked really hard last year with our outfits and we got money from everywhere and everybody gave up at some point but most of us came back aso...

Yeah, what more.... Pictures? :D

Me getting my make-up :D


Us In The Parade :D It's us with the helmets btw :D




Yeah, we were firemen :D

The year before:





Then we were... kind of nothing. Just cheerleaders with war-make-up

And then Im gonne find some pictures to steal somewhere :D


Stolen pic




stolen :DDDDD



OMG the red thing is us :D Yep, we were like 7. The others were like 30. But we were actually louder then them. Owned!

Guess what? stolen :DDDD

Yeah, There You Go Susanna. Feel the power of knowing unnecessary things.

Ea

3 comments:

  1. btw that is NOT cheerleading, not to spoil the fun or anything but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5LZMH9mZVU this is real cheerleading, you see the stunts and so on ? sorry for the poor quality but you get the point. And seriously i'm not a hater I just want to clear that out xd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that it isn't normal cheerleading, but what else could you call it? We don't have all those cool cheerleader groups in Finnish schools, so this is the best we can. This is school cheerleading in Finland, which is totally different from the cheerleading that is practiced in clubs and so forth. But thanks for your comment, glad to have that cleared out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha okey true :D but keep up the good job in your blog (you could post a bit ofter though) xd and it would be cool if you would do vlog someday (:

    ReplyDelete